If the US has a Grand Master of family farming and marketing strategy, it’s likely Joel Salatin” ~ Catherine Austin Fitts
As you take stock of the food resources in your area, farmers and markets can supply what you don’t grow. Have fun with this opportunity. Visiting the local farmers market and taking a friend or neighbor is a great way to develop food resilience friends. Developing a relationship your farmers deepens all parties relationships and related resources.
Next week we will look at local organizations facilitating regional food resilience.
Resources: ‘Know your food and your farmer’
- Urban Homestead: The transformation of an ordinary city lot…
- Subscribers sign in to acess: Solari Report – An Urban Homestead with Harry Blazer and Anais Dervaes June 2017
- From Ranch to Market – Our Farmers Market Process
- Meet the Farmers Reclaiming Puerto Rico’s Agricultural History
- 2019 Healthy Soil Summit
- $1000 A Week: Front-Yard Market Farming + Bicycle Delivery (w/ Jim Kovaleski)
- Joel Salatin on Pathways To Relocalization
- Joel Salatin Polyface Farms: We are in the redemption business: healing land, food, the economy and culture
- 2016: Recommended: OTEPIC Kenya Project